The Angus breed of cattle is one of the most representative and successful of all cattle breeds. Sometimes referred to as “the business breed,” this black-colored animal has British roots and is highly sought for high-quality crossbreeding. Angus beef as a food product is renowned for its excellent flavor and exquisite marbling texture. With just minimal days on feed, it can produce Choice as well as Prime grade cuts of meat.
- The breed is quite hardy and resilient
- Angus cattle are docile and easy to manage
- Cows have a superb maternal nature and produce calves easily
- Resultant polled (hornless) calves help to minimize injuries in feedlots
- Black coloration functions as a sun blocker, preventing burnt udders and even cancer
- Its meat demonstrates consistent high quality and superiority on a range of texture and flavor points