Alpine goat is a highly productive dairy goat breed. They were originated from Switzerland (from near a mountain named ‘Alps’). This breed is available in almost all countries of Europe. People of Europe used to make various milk products by using Alpine goat’s milk.
- Body of Alpine goats is white, blackish, brown or mixed colored.
- Some goat have horns.
- They are very suitable for farming in bounded place.
- A female Alpine goat can produce about 4 to 5 kg milk daily.
- Alpine goat milk contain about 3.5 % fat.
- An adult male goat weights about 65 kg and female 60 kg.
- They can adapt themselves easily with any environment.